Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

LONDON FASHION WEEK : Henry Holland AW12

 A curious thing happened last week. I found myself at a cross roads which involved me buying a houndstooth skirt. I hate houndstooth. I was swayed by the print, the 60s inspired style and also the many things I could do with it - which turned out to be nothing as I dont have a thing to go with it. Well, having seen Henry Holland's collection, I must say I am thrilled that I bought it - clearly houndstooth is on the up!
 Well, colored houndstooth at least. The whole collection, which I preferred to his previous offering, is a mixture of houndstooth, stipes, color blocking and fabrics like fur and leather mixed together to create Holland's usual fun filled twenty something catwalk.
 I've always wondered what Holland will do once himself and the Geldoff sisters reach the grand old age of thirty and are slightly too old for such bright madness, but then who the hell cares when a catwalk is having this much fun?
 I'm not sure how much of this is practical everyday wear but it some of it is wearable.  I mean you can pick out trends which Holland is promoting such as houndstooth or flares - all the trousers were flared. Which presents a problem for me as an anti flares promoter. I prefer skinny jeans after I fought so hard to fit into them in the first place!
 I am loving the small gloves though.
TRENDS TO WATCH

Fur
Leather
Flares
stripes
houndstooth
ankle boots
ladylike gloves

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar